Sunday, November 17, 2013

Corduroy

Don't you love when you come across fabric that is on sale and pretty? When I came across this corduroy, I did not feel guilty buying all that was left on the roll because it was on a great sale. I remember asking myself why is this still here? Is something wrong with it? Nope. Nothing was wrong. It was waiting on me. After sitting in the closest for a while, I decided it was time to pull it out for the fall. First, I made a dress for Karis, my oldest. It fit terrible thanks to a not so great pattern I will never use again. I did not want to waste my efforts and the fabric, so I decided to redo it to fit Piper, my youngest. The lining is a little weird on the inside because of it but who will be looking on the inside? Thankfully, Piper loved it!
A friend loved it too, so I made one for her daughter! Also a requested clemson bowtie onesie and a cutie girlie onesie for babyshower gifts.
I did not want to leave Karis empty handed so I made her a twirly skirt also out of some cute corduroy. I used the NEWLOOK A6258 pattern (I think I got it at Walmart). Thankfully skirts are safe with her and she loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment