Sunday, January 30, 2011

why I sew

Growing up, my grandmother always sewed for us. I still remember the way her hands felt as she held up patterns to my body and measured me from head to toe. When I was old enough, she taught me how to sew basic things like pillows and lots of scrunchies. But it was not until I reached college that I really became interested in sewing. When I was pregnant with my first child she helped me sew the bedding for the nursery. She did most of it. Since then, I have enjoyed sewing for my children. And the first person I want to share it with is my grandmother. She is so proud of me and that is a very satisfying feeling. I love my Nannie so much. One of the first dresses I made was a smocked dress. I enjoy smocking for each of my children. It has also been fun creating new dresses for my girls from patterns that I have purchased to patterns I have created and tweaked. I created this blog really for myself. I wanted to write about what I have done and keep track of what there is to come. What began as a hobby has turned into a labor of love. I love sewing. I love creating. I love making clothes for my children and I love seeing how much they love it too. My name is Carly Hall and I love to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment